View Single Post
Old 24-07-2019, 08:25 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by casstony View Post
You raise a good point Alex. I feel I might be needing to shift out of the beginners forum but I'm a long way short of the experienced guys, especially with processing and also equipment. What to do?

Maybe an intermediate forum or DSLR forum?
Well Tony I think you certainly are perhaps past a beginner in terms of the quality you produce but you provide an excellent example of how dedication and time spent at the coal face produces excellent results.

..and so it would be a sad loss to see you going to another section of the forum simply because you have become just too good at what you do.

Maybe flit between the two.

My concern is to have folk just "lurking" to actually become members and post their efforts.

Its good for them its good for us...folk like me will die soon so we need to keep new folk joining...now I have no intetest from a financial point of view but I do think this site is a boon for astronomy and I do think astronomy is a magnificent pursuit.

We tend to forget religion has its foundations in astronomy.

In fact it is clear even the most treasured human god upon which our culture rests was actually a construction born from astronomical observation. ..the myth was built on astronomy ..twelve deciples equates to twelve constellations. ..the resurrection comes from observations of the Sun mid winter. ..if one studies the matter it is clear that asyronomy is at the heart of our cultures religions...I could go on but one either knows this stuff or not...but the point is astronomy gets humans thinking.

Not always with great results but it offers opportunity to wonder about ourselves and our place in the universe and surely irrespective of false religious conclusions the very act of looking at the sky must take one to a place of contemplation in which they at least think past their daily existence...and to do so can only be uplifting..in my view.
For me I am not really interested in presenting a photo to claim top dog status..and I bet if I decided I wanted that it would not be beyond me..I can win..it is easy for me...I have won so many times at si many things I no lo ger find winning has value for me... .no getting folk to join the fun is my priority...
Alex