View Single Post
Old 28-03-2020, 06:00 PM
JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
1. Collimation, how to solve or deal with that? Collimator? i have 3, is that enough?

2. Central obstruction, what does this do to the final image? spikes? I don't mind spikes, if something else then what else?

I don't have to go with a Newt as a must if it has some issues people don't like, i just added to the list because i saw enough great results out of Newtonian and they are cheap some of them, i mean i can get for example 6"-8" in same price of 4"-5" refractor or even cheaper, and it doesn't have colors issue, but i feel like i am moving in a closed circle, many go with a triplet or APO refr and i try not go with that because of high end saving, and if i go with the Newt i will feel like people will blame or believe that i will only face issues and headache or i won't get nice results, i really feel i am lost or i feel like i don't want to do anything, coming from photography and what i spent in the past really did a bad negative attitude on me, so that i feel like i will never buy anything in astro until i am 1000% sure, not just follow all people whatever they choose and regret later.
Any action no matter how poorly conceived, if boldy executed is better than inaction.....

Not my words BTW, but something I try to use in life

Best
JA