View Single Post
Old 14-06-2015, 09:09 AM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

I'm doing an introductory PI workshop on 11 July in Brisbane. Here's the blurb:

Quote:
PixInsight Introductory Workshop - Sat, 11 July - sponsored by AAQ.

PixInsight (http://pixinsight.com/) is an advanced platform for image processing designed specifically for astrophotography and other forms of technical imaging. It runs on Windows, OS X, Linux and FreeBSD. It is extremely powerful but has a fairly steep learning curve for new users.

Rick Stevenson has been using PixInsight for about four years and now rarely uses anything else for astronomical image processing. In the morning session (9:00am to lunchtime) he will demonstrate a basic, but complete, LRGB workflow from raw data to a finished image. Along the way we'll discuss DSLR workflow as well. In the afternoon (after lunch to 4:00pm) he will be available to help participants work with their own data, look at any problems and discuss more advanced techniques.

Bring a laptop with PI installed and some raw data if you can. Trial PI licenses can be requested at the PixInsight web site.

The workshop will be free and your money cheerfully refunded if not 100% satisfied. The number of participants will be limited to 12, with priority given to AAQ members.
If anybody from IIS is interested, send me a PM. Not sure how many positions will be left but if there's enough interest I'll try to do another one a bit later in the year.

Cheers,
Rick.