View Single Post
Old 18-09-2016, 09:54 AM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Mark - fyi - J-P Metsavainio has just released a comprehensively updated version of his world renowned tone-mapping technique - which details how to correctly add colours to stars in both RGB & NB version.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Mapping_v2.pdf

I'm not going to respond to Peter's rather heavy handed remarks other than to say each to their own, but don't knock it until you've tried it

But imo Suavi nailed it here - "I think that experimenting with numerous processing tools and techniques, breaking boundaries and over-cooking astro images brings invaluable experience that is essential in personal growth as an amateur astro imager and it allows for acquiring in-depth understanding of how to skilfully process astro data."

Spot on If my growth as an imager has gained any recognition whatsoever, it is solely due to the many mistakes I have made whilst experimenting, and the honest feedback from the good folk here on IIS.

So Mark, back to the original question - there are a great many methods of star removal and replacement out there, best to just experiment and see what works well for you.

Andy

Last edited by Andy01; 18-09-2016 at 11:41 AM.