Thread: Canon 50D
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2010, 08:41 AM
hotspur (Chris)

re 50D purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
Congrats, Stephen. A step in the right direction, I'd say. You'll be overwhelmed at what you'll be able to do now with a nice piece of kit.

Your wallet is going to feel ever so light when you start purchasing L-series glass. It's worth every single cent, no matter what anyone says.

H
+1 the above!well done Stephen!

Once you buy an 'L' there's no going back!,also some of the high end EF-S lenses are very close to the 'L' grade and are well worth the money,even though some of the are more expensive tan than the 'L'

I notice you do a bit of macro,may I suggest the 60 mm F 2.8,my neighbour recently bought a Canon 50D too,and I showed her results from 60 mm macro,and I also suggested the EF-S 100 mm F 2.8 macro,as she wanted to get started with macro.

She did not have a dedicated flash,but only enough money to buy the 100 mm macro and no flash or other bits.

In the end she chose the 60 mm macro and the EX 430II flash and the hood and some filters.so as to get a 'kit'.The 60 mm can also be used for everyday stuff,possibly a bit more so than the 100 mm.Hope this might help.

Anyhow,well done,mate!Chris

Last edited by hotspur; 19-09-2010 at 08:43 AM. Reason: spelling