Thread: Scope's-R-us
View Single Post
Old 21-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Alchemy (Clive)
Quietly watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Weeelll actually Clive....Phil Hart won the amateur wide field section at the DM awards this year with a DSLR and 50mm lens!!! He did a beautiful mosaic of the Crux region that I actually commented on to Martin Pugh before the competition as my pick for the dark horse to creep up and actually win the overall Prize, it was that bloody good!!...I was almost right, David Malin obviously loved it too

Good so now you realise that yes you too can do it even with very modest gear.....go and lose some sleep and take that next David Malin Award winning entry

Mike

hmmm hadnt looked that closely at the other entries other than the windswept stars in the star trails ( which i will unashamedly go out and do a similar one for my wall as i liked it so much), looking forward to going out and seeing the display when it comes to melbourne so i can actually get a feel for the quality.....

who knows i might just have a go..... then i will be arguing for tighter rules Jase can go and give peter a run for his money.