View Single Post
Old 17-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Astro-holic

Goodday to all,

I found you guys via the great article in Sky and Telescope and was excited to find a true Aussie forum....

Well, I'm Tony. I'm an ex-South African ( no cricket jokes please ) here now in Perth. I have always been very active in astronomy back in RSA and served on the ASSA committee for the Johannesburg branch back in 2003, before coming to Aussie. And since then my scopes are mostly gathering dust, due to work and not finding the right bunch of astro-holics to spend my nights with.... also ****** light pollution in Merriwa for the first year here. Well now I'm up in Swan Valley and on a nice dark big small holding, backing onto Whiteman Park... so the night is bright again....

ok, so what toys do I have...
1x Meade LX 200GPS 12 inch meade, plus loads of extras
1x Helois 150mm ( 6 inch) F12 refractor ( chinese made, but a great scope)
1x Borge Apo 90mm refractor ( also used as a guide scope on Meade 12inch)
1x wide angle bino's.... most used tool!!!
1x nikon 4500 camera dedicated to astro work...

and more len's and toys than I can admit to my wife...

So whats my claim to fame....mmm published three times for my eclipse foto's from the 2002 Eclipse in Africa. Twice in Sky and Telescope (usa) and once in Astronomy.

And what am I looking for... well as the Meade 12inch is close to 35kg+++ I need some one to help me use it.... and some friends to get cold with on clear winter nights around the Swan Valley areas... and too make good Astro-friends here in Australia.

Tony
aka...Ziggy Stardust