View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 08:33 AM
Cosmic (Daniel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfish View Post
Well if you only tightened the belt by pushing with your finger that would not be too tight. I think I used a small screwdriver to get 2mm of movement. Odd however that you would need pliers to turn the worm. Is that both axes. ? I am more familiar with a Heq5 so perhaps others could say if this is usual.
Yeah Ray its pretty much both the RA and DEC axis. RA is a little looser probably could turn it if you had enough strength. I find it really strange what's happening. I loosen both a bit but no change...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
I had that issue as well, turned out it was a loose grub screw. On the RA motor when I changed to the new belt gear.
Hi Nik, was yours fine when slewing at x9 speed ect or did you get the star drifting away on guiding? Its a little mystery atm but hopefully I can work it out...Did it again last night, its random when it happens well I don't see it coming and the phd 2 graph in DEC shoots through the roof and the star is lost. Hoping I can get it resolved sooner than later, its odd alright.