View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 05:17 PM
Azza449 (Aaron)

Thankyou heaps everyone, I really appreciate everyone's input and knowledge!! It is quite a bit of stuff to process haha. Because this is my first scope, I feel that going the cheaper option (Bintel GSO, I hope that is worded correctly haha) may be better to start off with. Just to make sure I enjoy the hobby before investing more. (Having a tracker would be very fun and make life easier though!!)
I think I definitely will talk to the Melbourne Saxon store to try and compare some of the things mentioned already, to see if they match or are lacking in areas.
Ideally going with the Skywatcher (I believe it was?) would be better as I can drive and pick it up. However, it sounds like the main three things mentioned might decide which option is better.
Ps. If I decide to attach a camera to it, is it better to have an adapter provided with the telescope? Or what would I need?
Pps. When I did talk to Bintel, as I believe Astro744 mentioned, they did mention the Bintel dob does come with a wider range of eyepieces (2 plossl's + a superview eyepiece vs 2 plossls through Saxon), also apparently their focuser is better and they have a better base. (some of that stuff has already been mentioned though, but I thought I'd confirm that Bintel also said that)