View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 12:46 PM
luka
Unregistered User

Patrice, thank you for doing the tests. I will fix the bug. Anything else you noticed?

Also Grim sent me the source code changes for the humidity and the improved cooling. I will incorporate the changes to our software. I also realised that we can display humidity in our settings window. Ascom/imaging software does not support it but we can display whatever we want in our window.

Grim also commented that 60% of cooling to start may be too strong for some cases. For example, if you want to go from 25C to 20C the temperature will go below 20C before recovering. I think I may have a smart solution for this...

I am expecting one more version to be released for testing and debugging and we will probably be ready to release the final version and the source code then

Gilles, I very much liked your article about the wiring. I never though the heat conduction in wires can have such effect. Very enlightening.

The translations work well, depending on the content but usually I can figure out what is going on. I noticed few interesting things:
1. The labels in images are of course not translated. Nothing can be done about this but it can make the understanding difficult at times. For example, I had to look at images to understand the difference between "cables pas enroulés" and "cables enroulés".
2. Different languages are translated differently. The German translation of the wiring article was better than English (or Croatian).

I also noticed a small "bug", clicking on flags to select a language does not refresh the language in the selection box. For example, pick French in the selection box and then click on the English flag. The whole page will be in English but the selection box will still show French. But otherwise, the translation is a very, very useful tool. Thank you for doing it.

I forgot to mention that the v0.5L of the driver has tooltips in settings. If you hover the mouse over a particular element it will tell you what its function is.