View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 09:50 AM
drrockso (John)

Cheers for all the responses. As soon as the clouds clear and we get some good nights for viewing (tomorrow night maybe) I will be very interested in trying out hanging a water bottle from scope mount to see how that effects the wobbles. I have high hopes it should sort it out quite well.

3 more questions.

1 - If hanging a water bottle doesn't correct the wobbles. What types of stands would I need to replace it with(used/new, brands & models)?

2 - Mine is a f4.9(f5)? Will there be barlows, powermates or EPs that will not work with this ratio? I read on an EP or Barlow that it was compatible with fast f ratio (maybe 3 or 4.9) which made me think others wouldn't be, but its not something I have read about yet.

3 - I hear Barlows used a lot.. but not so much powermates? Why is this? Isn't a powermate superior to a Barlow?

I guess from here my plan is to get a the stand stable.. I can deal with the rubbish Finder Scope for the time being while I focus on easy to find objects and get a Barlow or power mate once I have eliminated the wobbles from the mount. But I guess this will then give me issues with FOV.

Cheers guys.

Last edited by drrockso; 07-11-2017 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Added a Q about Barlows and Powermates