View Single Post
Old 13-02-2020, 08:13 AM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpage View Post
Hi Glen,

Glad to know you had good experiences with UPS and TS. I can't believe it travelled all the way from Germany to here in less than a week! The tracking issues aren't much of a problem for me - as long as the scope arrives safe and sound, then that's all that matters.

Do you remember how much one of the scopes you ordered was, and approximately how much you had to pay to UPS? Also, just to confirm - telescopes don't have any duties, and the admin fee includes the customs clearance and brokerage fee? So nothing else?

Thanks.
Well don't forget they are behind us by half a day, so timing of when you place the order is important for delivery times. For example if you order on say a Wednesday or Thursday here, it could leave there before the weekend. If you order on a Saturday or Sunday here they may not action it until their Monday. So yeah a week of transit is very doable, and it usually travels via the US UPS depots, so from Germany, to Louisville, to Honolulu, to Sydney.

I would say 10% is very close, being mostly the GST charge. The actual UPS shipping charge is a standard one by weight, or size, from TS, and they quote that during checkout. That is separate to the Inbound charges I spoke of below, which would be the clearance charges/admin, but no others required.

I have not had any damage concerns, as TS always double/triple box for shipping. The exterior shipping box can contain foam beads, and the internal box or boxes can sit in that foam bead bed. My TS115 APO was triple boxed.