Thread: Free star atlas
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 11:20 AM
DobDobDob (Ron)
Blacktown isn't so black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Star View Post

I'm kinda new to all of this, but the stars and the sky is so interesting and I want to learn all I can.....so I'll leave my e-mail and anyone who wants to help me out with any useful info feel free.....another thing I want to start a career in astronomy...if anyone could give me some pointers AWESOME!!!!
Hi Kay Star, just to give you a bit of encouragement, you have been a member of this forum longer than me, so take heart. I have two lines of thought regarding your post.

The first being you are in the right place to learn all you will ever need to know about astronomy. The second thought about a career would IMHO involve formal education, as much as passion and desire are powerful tools, I suspect to become a professional astronomer you would need a good deal of formal education.

At the very least I suspect you would need to align yourself with an academic at a Uni. I am sure there have been people who actually got into astronomy and earn a good living from it without classic training, but I also suspect that they were probably a friend of a friend.

As I say, these are just a few random thoughts, never let mine or anyone elses opinion ever stop you from your dream.