View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 10:16 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

I was going to suggest ASPS at least to work out what index files you need (You have boot camp on the laptop don't you?) I installed it recently along with APT (Windows system) I did not find the installation difficult, perhaps most of the dependencies were already installed.

Andy, if it came to it I can probably get an image file from you, run it through the index installation routine in ASPS (Given I have it installed already) and screenshot what indexes it thinks you need.

I can say that solving time is also pretty computer spec dependent, on the laptop I am using to image with I installed only the suggested indexes for the FOV I have now with the reducer installed, on the desktop machine I installed extra indexes relating to the scopes native focal length as well but it still solves significantly faster than the laptop.

I have to say after using APT for only a couple of nights, if Astroimager automates pointing as well as APT does you will love it. As soon as I got plate solving working (and my mount behaving itself) it lands the requested target on the center of the chip without fail.