View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 12:59 PM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

Adjustable laser point or lp mount

Due to my disability I can't bend to use a telrad or red dot finder, or generally even an eyepiece. I typically use binos for looking skyward and a zwo cam for the telescope for viewing/capture. But getting a target on the sensor is very difficult for me and in the past of course a reddot or telrad is all i needed to get things adjusted instead of hunting randomly around where the goto scope is pointing. So I was thinking a laser pointer mounted on the scope with control knobs like a red dot finder to push the beam l/r and u/d would make a massive difference.

I can't say i've ever seen such a thing but maybe someone out there has. Maybe my best option is to find a cheap sniper rifle scope with adjusters and knock out the optics and show a laser pointer into it.. I only have the use of one arm so dnt want complicated options with adjustable ring clamps and wedges. Just something simple the will work in the dark. Maybe a hacked red dot finder? I don't know how they work and doubt the lasers in them (if any) would work. I already have good lasers I sometimes use. Maybe even a design I could 3D print might work?