View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 10:15 AM
SkyViking (Rolf)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
I have had the site tested with a DIMM a couple of times and seeing has been tested being as good as 0.7 arc seconds on a good night but more regularly at around 1.4 arc second. The drought years made the seeing very good.
Hi Paul,

I was thinking: How do you take advantage of 0.7" seeing when it appears at your site? Do you switch scope/camera systems?
I'm asking because for adequate sampling @ 0.7" FWHM you'd need an image scale of 0.25"/pixel (or even less).

I'm imaging at 0.86"/pixel (will be 0.75" now with Paracorr) which is reasonably sampled for my regular seeing conditions (2"-2.5"), but if it went down to 0.7" I'd be severely undersampling with my current setup and thus missing out on capturing the high resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
The FWHM I regularly get now is about 1.4-1.7" these days on both the wide and narrow field systems.
What's the image scale of your wide field system? Just thinking if it's wide field the image scale must be several arcseconds per pixel and thus how do you measure 1.4" FWHM in the wide field image?