View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 08:36 PM
codemonkey (Lee)
Lee "Wormsy" Borsboom

Worst PHD graph in history? Need help :-(

Fairly recently I bought a second-hand NEQ6 Pro, and almost simultaneously my first guide cam and an OAG. I've been unable to get guiding to work properly, in fact it just seems to be getting worse if anything.

I was starting to think it was just really bad seeing that was the cause, because with guiding disabled I can see the star move around a fair amount with almost every frame, but the problem exists almost purely in RA, no matter where I seem to point the mount, so I doubt that it's got anything to do with seeing at all.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I've been tweaking this for weeks and I'm spinning my wheels losing my remaining hair.

I've tried the obvious things like balance, checking for cable drag, boosting the exposure (5s in these), reducing the RA guide aggressiveness as far as 50%, upping the minimum move in RA as high as 1px and as low as 0.15px

I've noticed the mount seems to make a kind of "gritty" noise in DEC when slewing, mostly at the start and the finish, but the RA sounds fine...
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (sad_phd.jpg)
190.3 KB384 views

Last edited by codemonkey; 11-09-2014 at 08:50 PM.