View Single Post
Old 27-07-2022, 04:28 AM
astro744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn488 View Post
Yeah it's hard finding the correct film as a lot of the recommended ones are discontinued. I might give B/W a crack as I have my own dark room to develop.
I had a look at Ilford, See https://www.ilfordphoto.com/black-white-film/35mm-film

I would probably try both Delta 3200 and Delta 400 but really anything I could buy locally.

Having a darkroom gives you full control and B&W can be used for planets and DSO. Getting the image does require different equipment and exposure techniques; i.e. prime focus for DSO or eyepiece projection for planets and techniques differ. Piggyback is another option using wide field to telephoto lenses.

You’ve inspired me to get my film camera out although I have long since sold off my darkroom equipment and my favourite camera too, the Nikon FE2 with full manual shutter cable release using no batteries. I now have a Nikon F3 but prefer my old FE2.

There is a film sub-forum over at CN (one of the better forums on that site IMHO) with plenty of input from film users but hopefully you’ll get a bit more input on this site.