View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 10:03 AM
acropolite (Phil)

5dII is an awesome camere Mike, the only thing you may miss is the pop up flash, i certainly did. You'll need also to factor some dollars in for a flash or two if you want to use fill flash for daylight portraits etc.

I wouldn't hold off waiting for the 5DIII, simply because that camera may not be a quantum leap forward and could even be inferior for low light, as the 50d was is in comparison to the 40d.

Another thing that the 5DII does extremely well is video, there are many people out there shooting major cinema productions on 5DII's.

Buy the 5DII, you'll not regret it. After seeing Freds timelapses with the 24mm f1.4 L I think that would be my lens of choice, as Bert says those lenses are not perfect, but for night shoots speed is everything.

Another lens that is highly regarded and reviewed as superior in every way is the Nikon 14-24 F2.8. Hunt down some reviews of the nikon lens, you'll find the 14-24 F2.8 out performs both Nikons and canons wide ff primes. Its useable on the 5DIi with an adapter as a manual lens, IIS member luigi (louis) from Buenos Aries uses that lens.