View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 11:34 AM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

my 3 main refractors

Hi all , here are my 3 main refractors , these get the most use out of my 6 or so I own , but most were got here in the IIS classifieds for little money . Thanks .

The smallest here is my sweet LP 60mm f7 triplet ( the only one brought new ) that matches my long sold Takahashi FS60 easily at 1/2 the price . . Out and ready for use in minutes on its EQ2 mount .

The middle one is my most used refractor , the sexy carbon fibre LP 110mm f6 APO , it sits perfect on it's Vixen SP mount all on a Meade HD field tripod , very sturdy . This is a very good all round scope , wide field that's simply breathtaking with my 1kg 31mm Celestron 82* Axiom and able to get high powers easily and cleanly for luna/planetary viewing .

The big one is the awesome iStar 127mm f8 that I made from parts all got here , the OTA , the focuser ( 120mm Esprit R@P ) , finder etc with the lense from iStar for $630 aud , this scope really performs but its quite big and needs the large CI700 mount to be used at its best , so it's only out on those few perfect nights ,,, but well worth it .

Hope you all enjoy .

Brian.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (MVIMG_20190202_100133 (2).jpg)
197.6 KB129 views