Thread: Hong Kong E-Bay
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2008, 10:33 PM
EzyStyles (Eric)
I HATE COMA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billche View Post

In response to some of you that goods form a small stall in Hong Kong are "water goods", I do not agree too. The so called small shop/stall also sell "retailer goods" and this applied to the BIG shop too. My experience is "water goods" is cheapest, then the "retailer goods" to the most expensive "Aussie goods". After all, these goods are from the same factory, either Japan, Thailand, Malaysia or China. When I was living in HK, I normally go for the "Water goods" as they are cheaper, and with the low fault rate, I don't really care about the warranty, at the end they just a toy. I came from HK too. ;-)
Hi BillChe,

Not sure if you are aware of this, there are Laws in Australia which protects consumers as opposed to in HK, the government don't give a rats ass. You can buy anything from a respectable retail store here and return it within 7 days no questions asked. If I bought a 40d here and i don't like it or change my mind, i get my money back and "NO QUESTIONS ASKED". If any retailers in Australia refuse to give your full money back, we have a Consumer Protection Watchdog which protects us from retailers we can take shop owners to small claims tribunal (like a court). Our legal system is one of the best in the world and it is definitely FAIR.

As what we Aussies say, "fair go"