View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 01:58 AM
Astrofriend (Lars)

Bayer pattern test image

Hi,
I normally using the AstroImageJ software when doing the first steps in my preparing of astrophotos. My camera is a Canon EOS 6D, it has a normal singel color sensor with Bayer pattern filter.

There are a lot of different Bayerpattern, Canon normally has the filter order RGGB. In my case I read out the overscan region of sensor and then maybe the start pixel position can be at another color filter.

Sometimes I feel it's a bit hard to bring out the color in the following steps. So I had to test that I didn't mixed up the Bayer pattern when I created the macro that do the demosaicing.

To test this I made a RGB color test pattern image and took photos of it. Then demosaicing the CFA image to get 4 new images Red, Green1, Grenn2 and Blue, each 1/4 of the original size.

From these images I easy see if the demosaicing is done correct.

If it's interesting read about more details I have put together a page over what I do when testing the demosaicing function:
http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/...c-combine.html

What result did I get? It was correct so I don't have to worry about that as long I keep my Canon camera.

/Lars