View Single Post
Old 17-01-2010, 10:03 PM
RobF (Rob)
Mostly harmless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandum View Post
Cheers H, I got some sleep and restacked/replaced the image but when you get up close there are lines running top to bottom. The strange thing is they are not vertical so probably not a colum defect. I saw them coming out in the raws last night as it was capturing and assumed it was satellites but maybe not?

Yes martin that is some sort of reflection off something. There was also a large blue circle around the star which a bit of Ha knocked out. If your going to get reflections you'll get em on the horse

Probably Rob, I was more interested in the raw files than what they produced I also see there is a deconvolve function in maxim under filters which might be worth a look.

Cheers trevor, a long way to go yet.

Doug, do you know how to fix it? I had the camera on it's own cable but had download speed on normal instead of low, no usb during read plus clamping set on, whatever clamp is?

We also resolved the flats issue with this camera. The first image attached is what I was getting as a flat using my light box and RobF was getting something very similar using the T-Shirt method. We think it's a shutter artifact. Turning my light box down using a dew controller output and upping the exposure time from .1 sec to 1 sec produced the flat in the second image, which is what we are used to seeing. These images are stretched to hell of course to show the pattern. Wierd eh ...
Yeah - I'm going to try putting a big pot in series with my battery to pull my lightbox brightness right down. Agree that anything less than 1 sec exposure for flats just isn't right - shutter speed seems to become an appreciable fraction of exposure speed. T shirt flats at late twilight and similar experiment with sheet in soft light with >1sec exposure much better.