View Single Post
Old 18-10-2016, 06:32 AM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Hi Gary and Luka

Pretty much then what I found:
10.6 (optimal voltage) x 2.4 (amps) + ~30 (QTemp measured) = 55W....which is pretty much as you said.

I agree this TEC performs close to specs but not quite but is not enough for our needs. We need either a much better performing single stage...which probably won't happen given volts and amps. I have a 40mm SQ TEC I've yet to try though. Gary I found just putting the cold side in a box helped retain some cooling performance. Actually a lot of performance. The figures I obtained would be better in our set-up given better insulation etc. But Luka is right....we need a TEC to coll to around -5º~10ºC at around 40~60% PWM power. This TEC will not achieve this.

If the 40mm TEC falls short then we must go dual TEC. I might try something like flip did cut up my 40mm one and fit it to the 30mm....FrakenTEC!

Luka, do you want me to obtain a dual TEC2-19003 as well...aww heck I'll just do it as well! I'm also ordering a better controller...like the WH7016K. Yes they are not PWM controllers but they are ok for running tests to get an idea. Also I keep running out of Temp probes!

I'll do something about my PSUs as well....gawd its a long road!

Thanks Gents

Brendan