View Single Post
Old 29-09-2010, 01:01 PM
ballaratdragons (Ken)
The 'DRAGON MAN'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozskywatcher View Post
Fantastic images.

With your webcasting, are you able to use software to automatically upload the images? I did a small amount of webcasting a few years ago with a web cam and was able to find some software to do this. It didn't have to go through a video frame grabber though.

I would like to do some webcasting again in future with this type of camera, but am would like to be able to have a set up that up-loads images automatically.

Regards,

Paul Floyd.
www.nightskyonline.info
Paul, I am a little confused by your questions about automatic uploads.

Broadcasting IS instant upload. You see it as it is happening (maybe a 1 or 2 second delay as it travels across the internet). I even talk to the viewers 'live'.

When you say you didn't have to go through a Video Frame Grabber, that would be because you were using a Webcam.
CCTV cameras, Gstar-Ex, etc are not webcams. They are not USB devices.
They are Analogue devices.

The Video Frame Grabber is just a cable to plug into the camera and into the laptop to convert it from Analogue to digital. Same as connecting anything with any cable.

Whatever I point the scope at, and whatever I say, the viewer sees it and hears it 'Live'.

No special Software programs needed either. Just got to use the right Website with live feed connection, which Night Skies Network supplies for free to its members.