View Single Post
Old 14-09-2019, 09:46 AM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc View Post
Thanks for the kind words Peter, Mike and others! Congrats to all the winners too. Am not sure my feet have touched the ground since last night. The exhibition is beautiful - after chatting to some of the others, I spent some good time enjoying the gallery, it's really well done, with lightboxes for all images. Andy, your image looked good in the gallery, it's eye-catching! Rolf's was one of those that really suits the light box treatment, just amazing work (again). Ignacio's two shots were both pretty sumptuous though, and his win was well-deserved. I think James got up in another category too? The aurora was a cool shot.

The overall winner was definitely a bold choice, but in chatting to the judging panel, which range from astronomers to artists, I can see why they liked it so much, all very strong on originality. It's brilliant, and extremely original, though it may not be to everyone's taste. But a lot of 'wow's' when it came up on screen.

Peter, I'm staying out of that other part of the conversation!
The Brits certainly know how to put on a great awards night and subsequent exhibition ( we were there last year). I hope you had a great time. The prize cheque isn't too shabby either!
As for the merits or otherwise of a " panel of judges", fair enough to let that one go through to the keeper.
Winners are grinners

Last edited by Peter Ward; 14-09-2019 at 02:44 PM. Reason: clarification