View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Kevnool (Kev)
Fast Scope & Fast Engine

Hi Kane and welcome .
My interest has always been there probably the same as 99% of the population but i decided to do something about it.
Ive owned binoculars for a very long time, then came the scopes.
First i jumped in and got a 4" tasco which now collects dust in the corner,then i went out and got a 10" meade lightbridge which sits in the other corner of the house, now i have a 16" GSO which i allways use and by the way i only observe and not into the astrophotography side of it.
Can you see a problem there Kane its called aperture fever and i had it and it costs thousands but i,m excited and love it with a passion.

Thats my story yours will be if you want to observe visually or be the great astro photographer i,m sure you will decide which road to take.
Prices are well placed but dont go buying off ebay please there cheap and nasty and you will be so dissapointed.
Find some books and read the forums and participate in the forums, find an observation site of the star parties which are all here on iis and you will be rewarded with knowledge that one day you will be able to share with others.

Cheers Kev.