Thread: Super cooling
View Single Post
Old 17-12-2009, 10:14 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
63 delta temp is incredible!! Would definitely love an FLI cam... Few years off I think... Probably a PL16803, or a PL11002M if someone I know decides to go to the 16803 and wants to sell his 11002M
Ya never know ...although having a back up camera would be good too
Quote:

Tell me Mike, whats the KAI-11002M like at -35c? darks I've seen at -20c are fairly noisy (compared to what I'm used to seeing from Sony CCD's anyway. I suppose that is probably all suited to a different thread.. but hey.. while we're on the topic of CCD cooling, which is used to control noise, I guess we're still on topic!
Here's a 10min dark @ -35C at my web site (large jpeg) downloaded from the camera in a little over a second too:

http://www.pbase.com/strongmanmike20...88167/original

Quote:
Also, on the normal night (say, 19c outside temps) how long does the Proline take to get to the setpoint? a few minutes?
[/QUOTE]

Only a few minutes

Tonight (inside) is the first time in over two years the cooling couldn't get me to -35C but it is a scorcher inside at the moment still 31C and it's after 10pm .

BTW, used the new laptop and new Astroart4 camera control interface last night, can now control multiple cameras at once - very cool.

Mike