View Single Post
Old 19-02-2019, 11:20 AM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

Hence my suggestion for adapters, usb to pcmcia? usb to rs232? usb to floppy? floppy replacement using sd cards? usb doesnt need many pins and serial data is typically standardised (trully standarised) so might be to find out if someone has hacked one and directly soldered in a usb socket to the pcmcia or serial ports. I did similar to one of my asus eeepcs to convert a usb port to an internal high capacity boot drive . should be doable but getting it to boot from the usb might be problematic. what boot options does it have by default and can you try to repurpose and un-needed one with some form of adapter. there are plenty of weird adapters out there that not just allow square plugs to fit round holes but also translate the interface and voltages etc to allow twoway communication. been wondering about doing similar with old Sharp Zaurus. If it works with a CF card I bet there are MicroSD to CFD adapters out there and maybe you can chuck in a 64gb microsd in via that? Again though start small, find adapter to try, use old small reliable authentic microsd card and increase size until no longer works as there could be a limit, doing odd stuff like this expect some limitations. There will be some memory/storage addressing limits involved I expect. What about just the largest CF card you can buy? worth trying? been years since Ive used one but thinking on it my nikon has SD and CF card (as a backup i think, but i only use high quality tested SD cards and never had to take the CF card to my computer). Whats the normal boot drive? can you replace that? these days you can buy replacement for Amiga floppy drives that are a hardware emulator and use an SD card that can store a whole collection of floppy images and have a button to swap the emulator from internal drive address to external for games using miltiple disks. Not sure there would be much of a retro scene for your fujitsu but i bet there is some, F made some very cool practical gear, actually many Japanese companies did, so I wouldnt be surprised if your problem ws solved long ago but maybe be locked away on Japanese language sites and forums.