View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 08:05 AM
kens (Ken)

Unfortunately it is driver dependent and there are over 30 different camera drivers, counting ASCOM and INDI as one each.
The documentation at https://openphdguiding.org/manual/?s...Star_Selection is about all most people need to know.
If you are having issues then you can post at the support forum and the folks there are only too happy to help out. That can and does involve delving into the code to investigate. That's what happened with the recent ZWO issue where some people reported trailing whilst calibrating and during backlash compensation. Unfortunately for me it occurred just as I was setting up the Touptek driver for Linux and had set it to work in video mode to overcome a 600ms lag in taking a frame in trigger mode in the vendor supplied driver. So due to the know issue with video mode we reverted it to trigger mode and we asked the vendor to see if they could fix their driver. To be fair to the vendor, it could be a function of my specific camera hardware (no longer a current model) but nobody has a suite of all the vendor's cameras to test if that's the case.
Same with the documentation. If you think it could be improved you can highlight that on the forum and it will go on the todo list. Or anyone can make the changes themselves and submit them. Any reasonable request usually gets dealt with pretty quickly which is quite impressive given that its all done voluntarily.