View Single Post
Old 30-06-2018, 12:02 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Planetary scope .... cheap and not SCT?

Hi all,

I would like to know what scope i can buy or get for planets that is not so expensive but it is very good for planets? many recommended me SCT, but the one i only look at in SCT is 14" or larger, very very expensive, not interested in 8" up to 11" SCT because i already have a Mak so i want a big upgrade, and 11" or even 10" SCT aren't that much big upgrade from a Mak, and a Mak is fine but not giving me higher power imaging, so i wanted some thing else, any recommendations?

The only options i saw so far are Dob or Newtonian scopes from 12" up to 16", i was also thinking about 18" and 20" Dobs, but those are really too much anyway, but many recommended me SCT because it is easier and can be used on EQ mount, but i don't have a mount for 14" SCT anyway, so if i will go with new EQ mount it means i can definitely think about Dobs or Newtonian in 12"-16" and they are way much cheaper than larger SCT, but is there another scopes i can look at too cheap and giving large aperture? i will buy Powermate 2x and 5x so i can use those, i have Tele Vue 3x and it is not much good with my Mak, and there is no Powermate of 3x, and i will test 2x later but i want to be open to many scopes options for planets if i have to later.

If you telling me about seeing then i will assure you that seeing here is very good or fine, so i won't have problems with large scopes, so worry only about size of scope and not atmosphere.