View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 04:05 PM
Wavytone

Simple - don’t bother - use what you can buy from Bunnings - it’s better. I’ve already tried applying Black 2 on an existing piece that was previously painted with some ordinary matte black from Bunnings. When you see the two side by side the comparison is dead easy - no guessing. It also suggests the photos used to promote this stuff are to some extent not genuine and have been photoshopped. Should have realised its a bit of a con considering the amount of hype generated on this topic.

1. In sunlight black 2 looks somewhat grey and the ordinary stuff from Bunnings was distinctly blacker.

2. At glancing angles (ie close to parallel to the surface) it is no blacker than the ordinary stuff.

3. It is some sort of acrylic paint and will survive light touches etc so if you really want you could use it, but ordinary paint from Bunnings was blacker.

4. It is really, really thick goo and goes on really thick too.

5. Washing up afterwards is very very messy - black droplets will go everywhere. It reminds me of polishing rouge - which is equally messy.

I’ll give black 3 a go but I don’t expect it to be much better.

The analogy with rouge raises another thought - apply a layer of matte black paint and while wet blow black rouge onto it. Messy job to do, but I’m fairly sure significantly blacker.

Last edited by Wavytone; 06-05-2019 at 05:35 PM.