View Single Post
Old 20-10-2008, 11:21 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Hi Alex, I understand your frustration. I've had my share of troubles with PHD. Like any other software it behaves erraticaly at times. When this happens, the best thing to do is to shut it down. Unplug your guider (USB) then replug it in. Start PHD. Go to the brain button and go for 2000 or even 2500 for your calibration steps. The star will take only 2-3 moves to get out of the 25px range. If nothing seems to work and you have changed your calibration steps you'll find that PHD still won't work until you shut it down, unplug the guider, plug it back, start PHD again. Then it calibrates and the mount moves as if nothing happened. I pulled my hair over this so many times I'm not trying to make any sense of it. Anything that is plugged into a USB port sometimes loses it and the software associated start behaving badly. Sometimes stopping the current exposure on my imaging cam would screw up PHD because it is plugged into the same USB hub to the laptop. So these connections seem to affect each other somehow. Hope this helps.