View Single Post
Old 13-12-2017, 07:35 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by alocky View Post
It’s more frustration than anger. Yes people are entitled to an opinion. I am also entitled to make fun of them. But it’s only when you turn your opinion into a hypothesis, design and execute an experiment that does or doesn’t support it that you should expect anyone to give a sh!t about it.
I don’t think anyone should be silenced. Especially the people making fun of idiots, and unfortunately they’re the ones who are told to be quiet these days in case the idiot’s feelings are hurt. Likewise if we silence the idiots we won’t have anyone to laugh at. It’s an ecosystem!
I would get frustrated with my mate who was a tarot card reader, he actually believes they work.
It is so hard to finally accept that is how he sees the world.
There is a simple response for folk with a " theory"...
Read Karl Popper and second less have your theory.
They are not a threat, other than anti vaxers and intelligent design and you can't laugh with them as they are very dangerous.
I have been studying the Arabian Golden Age, at time when science was mostly coming from them...Its no wonder two third of stars were named by them but then one guy, a holy dude, proclaimed numbers were the work of the devil and he seemed to get traction with the mob, and that seemed to mark the start of the decline.
And there seems a parallel now in our times, think Pauline and Donald but they reflect the mobs disenchantment with intellectuals.
When I was a kid science ruled you never heard from fundamentalists...but I hear there is a trend to religious schools world wide...of course that is here say but given how folk are choosing sides and frightened by terrorism I suppose it may be correct.
And there is the net. Where you post a utube video and draw in others.
Alex