View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Garbz (Chris)

Wowowowow!

If you've changed a colour space and now something looks wrong then you've done it wrong. The picture should not change as the result of changing the colour space. Think of it this way. Unless you have a monitor that can display more colours than sRGB then any conversion to any other colour space should show no change if converted correctly. The only time you should see a change is if going from a large colour space to one smaller than that of your screen (likely sRGB)

- Did you use "Assign Profile" to change the space? If so, don't. The only reason to ever use assign profile is if the profile was set wrong to begin with.
- You should use "Convert to Profile" whenever you're changing something.
- Also don't change any Colour Settings in Photoshop. This isn't required for using a different colour space. It is completely independent from your ability to set the current working profile (via Convert to Profile).

As for what I use and how I manage, I use AdobeRGB, but then I have a monitor which covers 97% of the AdobeRGB gamut so I have a visible improvement on the odd picture that's colourful enough to benefit from it. Ultimately though if I'm not printing a picture I'll save to sRGB, then there's no headaches when I give the pictures to someone else.