View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Bassnut (Fred)
Narrowfield rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Maaaa I dunno..?

It is not the focal length exactly really but more the fact that if the long focal length is provided by a multi mirrored telescope with truss tubes, inadequate focusers, loose mirror mounts or with floppy mirrors, ie Newt, RC or SCT there is potential for differencial movement over time. The significance of this differential movement is a function of the focal length and your image scale sure but the degree of flexure and the time period over which this movement takes place will depend strongly on the class and design of your telescope and guide scope interface.
Hence OAG

Quote:
It is clear from the above comparisons that self guide is simply not necessary just becasue you have a long focal length.... and even rivales AO.
hehe, really ? , rivals AO ?, at long FLs? .

Quote:
why worry about having to have the self guide if piggyback works just as well .
Oh really ?

And a quote from Steve Cannistra
......we don't even need cameras that can cool to -25 C. And by imposing more aggressive cooling on these chips, it is possible that we are increasing the likelihood of experiencing other side effects such as residual bulk image (RBI)

Its OK Mike, you can be wrong. I understand, it proves you are human, dont be embarrised, I forgive you . We love you mike, its a momentary lapes of reason thats all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexN View Post
If there was a camera offering both self guide and the sensor I want to use with 60c cooling capacity, would I then buy that? you bet your backside I would.....
And you too Alex, behave yourself, stop crawling, its silly .