View Single Post
Old 14-08-2018, 08:09 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

I am use a Polemaster, and it is like a life saver, but i can't comment about using it for southern skies, in my sky i use Polaris just easy because it is just right in front of me high enough, nothing covering it unless clouds or smoke or weather condition such as haze and alike.

I have issues with the mount last year, but i learnt more and more every time, and sounds i am doing fine with the mount, i even damaged the mount [the internal motherboard only] by an accident from overpowering and fixed it with new mount motherboard, now it is working fine, but what i found is that i couldn't have any longer exposures now no matter what i did or how good my PA is, now maximum i get is 3minutes, last year without accurate PA i can accidentally get 4-5 minutes unguided, now even guided i can't get over 3 minutes, someone said that could be over weighted the setup, not sure if that is the case.

Many said they take 5 minutes with Polemaster, i take 10 minutes because i am not good in things not in my language, also wanted to do things more carefully and gently slowly so i know nothing wrong will happen, but i feel that i will never get good with my setup and mt AP will be always low level or not great results, only so so, but solar system imaging sounds fine because it doesn't depend on single long exposures frames, i really feel crazy about seeing others using AZ-EQ6 with really long exposures or even lesser mounts such as EQ5 or AVX, means either i have something wrong or they are genius.... OR the stars are frozen for them and not for me.