View Single Post
Old 14-05-2015, 08:53 AM
Garbz (Chris)

Sorry yes I have an EQ6. Guiding rate should make no difference on the pulse guider as the rate is accounted for during the calibration. The only time it makes a difference is if the rate is set to slowly AND the max pulse duration is too slow to make a difference. I've seen people suggest the guiding rate should be .1x and other say .9x. Mine is set at .9x

The DEC definitely has backlash. I'll try tightening it up a bit and see what happens. Ultimately I solved the DEC problem by guiding one direction only. That seemed to work well until later in the night when I was past the meridian.

Anyway that aside, my DEC issue wasn't actually what I wanted to talk about. I just posted a bad example of a picture. Instead look at the first picture below which gives a much better example. Okayish guiding for a long time and then suddenly the scope shoots off into the ether. I've had this problem for a good year now and it sucks a lot when it happens at the end of a 15min sub. Of interest is the second picture which shows it didn't happen at all yesterday. Normally it happens once or twice in a 30min period. Yesterday, nothing at all for over an hour.

I'm not yet ready to declare RDP the problem, but given how many hooks into the OS RDP actually has (sharing and remote access of COM ports is one feature) I have seen whispers of RDP causing issues with PHD before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Capture.JPG)
125.5 KB41 views
Click for full-size image (Capture2.JPG)
126.5 KB46 views