View Single Post
Old 17-06-2011, 09:23 AM
mswhin63 (Malcolm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionoz View Post
Malcolm, if I went the Borg route then it'll only be the "Astrograph" version with the FTouch focuser and all the imaging rear extensions, spacers, FF/FRs etc; that's why I'm still thinking about it as I've got to make sure that the new CCD imager that I have in mind will work with it as well as with the 10"RC that I have now but unused still - just too many toys, not enough time and poor weather to boot!

Cheers
Bill
Yeah I understand, make sure you check the information clearly, when I was quoted what is considered the Meade 5000 alternative. I was specifically told it had a visual focuser (hidden in the information). Telescope-Astronomy quoted the same field-flattener that I am using at nearly $200.00 more than I received it for with a 3 week delivery ETA. I got the package direct in 3 working days.

I tested my new scope with the field flattener but not on Deepsky. The moon was just too bright along with high humidity washed out nearly all deepsky AP opportunities.

I did take a moon shot though - http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...ad.php?t=77031 - It could handle a lot of gear too.