View Single Post
Old 14-04-2018, 06:36 PM
pjphilli (Peter)

Drying QHY9 Camera

I appear to have moisture problems with my QHY9 camera.
I am attempting to follow the procedures shown at QHYCCD.com/FAQQHY9.html in the section titled "drying QHY9 camera"

In part the text says "After removing the top circuit board" it then says "remove screws off the CCD annular seal space" and lift it up so that "a little gap is used to dry the annular seal space". It then proceeds with putting the camera in the "drying box for more than 10 hours" which I have prepared with suitable desiccant. The camera is sitting in it at present but without the above gap to dry the seal space.

I have a problem in removing the annular seal screws. The heads appeared to be buried in their slots which have some soft filler over the heads. Do these screws required a special screwdriver head (other then the normal flat or star heads)?

Another question: I usually run my camera straight down to -25deg C which temperature it appears to reach quickly. I have seen suggestions that it is better to slowly reduce the temperature to the desired level. What is the reason for this which does not seem to be included in my QHY9 operating instructions? How long should "slowly" take?

Help would be appreciated. Peter