View Single Post
Old 13-02-2020, 02:40 PM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA View Post
Hi Andy,

Given the constraints you've mentioned then both Taks would seem excellent choices, esp. with extenders

BTW: I just checked if it's the QSI 6162, you may not be that badly off in terms of image circle issues as it does not have a FullFrame (43.3mm diagonal) sensor, but rather a 34.6mm diagonal sensor. So who knows you may get by. It's certainly worth a try with your existing gear.

Best
JA
Thanks JA, good advice - I may well try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
Alternatively I could potentially bring around a ASI094 full frame to give your current setup a test
Actually Colin, that's not a bad idea if you're up for it! Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
But imaging refractors around $6K;
1. FSQ 106 EDX (not the 85mm baby Q which seems to be a rather poor scope). Usually thy sell for a bit more but there is one for sale on this site asking $7950. I had an FSQ106EDXiii and it was great. The latest iv model has a part in the focuser as a solid molding.
2. TOA130 would be superb if you can find one.

130mm scopes have a nice aperture for fainter stuff so the brighter galaxies would be available with extenders like the TOA has.

Versatility is something I would consider. If you plan on taking it to a dark site portability would be important as well.

Greg.
Thanks for chiming in Greg, You're echoing what I'm thinking as the moment - and yes, portability is an issue - no messing about with collimation etc either.

Hmmmm -