View Single Post
Old 17-04-2017, 10:20 AM
lazjen (Chris)
PI cult member

I thought I might as well try gain 200 (offset 50) last night and jump in the the mega-number of images processing...

If I was reading the stats data correctly last night, I think it showed I am probably closer to Red zone than Orange, however I compromised and went with 15 sec images for my F6.5 scope. I also switched to LLLRRGGBB then dither, repeat.

I managed to get 783 light frames across LRGB before the clouds came over and stopped everything again. I know there were a few problems with some of the frames when the guiding, which was overall very good, went whacko in DEC a few times.

To add to it, I discovered the temperature adjustment with the focuser is not as good as I had hoped (I haven't calibrated it at all, just used default settings), so I'll have some softer focused images to deal with. I think I'll change to include a refocus periodically.

Anyway, I'm starting to process the images and at the rate the machine is chugging along, it's going to take sometime. Hopefully I can get at least a basic result before the end of the day.