View Single Post
Old 19-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Shopi (Shannon)

Cheers

Thanks Allan & Andy,

The bushnells a normal scope no go to, it does come with a sky tour thing, punch in your details and takes u on a tour, gimmicky but still cool =]

The stand is hideous, wobbly as hell, and the tightening screws are just frustrating, finally line it up with the red dot, tighten and then watch the tube move a few mills lol, frustration is actually a rather moderate feeling.

I'll have a look at the new eye pieces that you've suggested, and purchase them, hopefully will tie me over till I've got the dollars together for the 12" I've a okay knowledge of the night sky (on a basic level, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, etc and a few costollations, but the best bit, I've a pretty awesome app on the iPad (star walk) that fills all the gaps in.

I've tried to look at Saturn with the eye pieces that I have and no rings on Saturn, just looked like a star in the scope or a fuzzy blob when zoomed in, so with the new eye pieces, I'd have a better chance of seeing the rings? (rather excited truthfully about seeing them with my own eyes)

Thanks again gents =]