View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 05:45 PM
Renato1 (Renato)

Quote:
Originally Posted by casstony View Post
Scans/MRI's aren't that expensive but there may be a wait. You can pay a bit more out of pocket to get them done sooner.

Where private health insurance makes a difference is if you end up needing spinal surgery - you get access to surgeons who only work in the private system and you can bypass waiting lists.
If you have spinal surgery you should choose a surgeon who has a high success rate for good outcomes - your GP should be able to offer recommendations.

There's generally a 12 month waiting period after taking out cover before you can claim.
Very definitely agree with this.
Three and a half years, our health fund paid out around $220,000 for the back surgeries my wife and I had.

Plus it's nice having one's own room with great food, beer and wine, nice cakes for morning and afternoon tea, some Foxtel channels and WiFi with a daily 10Gbyte limit. The experience is akin to being on a plane trip, but with better service.

I liked it so much, I'm going back for more this week, after spending a week there in January. I think I'm costing my fund a fortune.
Cheers,
Renato