View Single Post
Old 26-02-2021, 08:13 PM
Zuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Although I had no choice in the surgeons that did my procedure, they did come and speak with me at length before and after, and it turns out the one that actually did the procedure was the best in his class.

These people did both, private and public and alternated between both hospitals which happened to be next to each other.

The food and service i had was just excellent.

By the way I was in the Geelong Cardio Hospital, on the floor just for this procedure

I suppose we all see the different aspects of public or private, each to his/her own i expect

Leon
I have private health insurance, but had a quadruple bypass as a public patient at RPH in Sydney. Cost me nothing and an excellent outcome. After diagnosing my heart attack, i was put straight in hospital and the bypass was scheduled for a few days later.

The point is that this was a life threatening event so the public system acted immediately and there is no waiting list for the surgery, though on the morning of the operation I did get bumped by an MVA.

Anyway, I also need a knee replacement, if i went public I could be waiting a number of years, i suspect back surgery would be the same. So will use my private insurance.

Horses for courses!

Cheers