View Single Post
Old 22-02-2021, 05:53 PM
SumoGeek (Gavin)

Thanks all for your suggestions!

See, no doubt that there are wealth of experts around and I am surely on good hands with this long rewarding journey!

Per Steve's question to get me thinking, I would say I am ok with carrying some weight around and would have some space to fit the gears into my mid-sized SUV. Surely, to get better DSO observation, I must travel to dark sky site - I have even been to Coonabarabran to check out the area. However, my current interest is solely around hunting of DSO and to be amazed with their wonders. May take a photo or 2 mainly for session documentation purpose. I know I can always get those beautiful 30"x20" space canvas hanging around my house and swap them as instructed by my Mrs.....

The GSO 8" newt seem like a good choice. Will check with Andrew's new shipment which I hope will arrive some time in March. Will go with the red dot finder/Telrad instead of the RACI.

I did consider the RC8 but it seems that I am not ready for the possible frustration that could come along to toy with it as a newbie.

Also considering getting a Fast 120/150mm refractor further down the road as I think that will also give sharper view on the planets...