View Single Post
Old 18-05-2013, 02:21 AM
FJA (Faith)
100% visual observing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJA View Post
Hi John and Eric, I've spent 21 years star hopping and it's high time I stopped and began letting a computer do it for me! But, I agree, Eric, everyone should do star hopping to begin with, it's a great way to learn your way around the constellations, rather than jump straight in with go to systems which a lot of people do these days but, that said, star-hopping for me has got old and I'm tired of spending more time looking for stuff than I do observing it.
I'm doing the Herschel 2500, well, attempting to do it(!) but 10 objects in an evening is not going to cut it!

Living where I do with a climate comparable to the maritime climate of Victoria (i.e. a bit yucky), I'd like to maximise the several sessions I get a month which I think the AN will do. It's a "no-brainer" really.

I've contacted Gary via email and he's supplied some questions with information he needs and, once I've got that - and some money I hope to be getting next month, fingers crossed - I hope to be in a position to order one.
That's if the Az encoder will fit...! There's not much clearance.