View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 03:02 PM
skitzottarius (Greg)

Hiya all!

Thought I better stop in & say hi before I start posting a whole slew of new (yet I dare say repeated!), newbie questions!

I'm a complete, unadulterated amateur. No doubt in my mind & happy to say so. I've been gazing at the skies my entire life, & I'm able to spot a few constellations without refering to a chart or book. For example I'm ok with the more 'well known' such as Orion, Crux, etc...the Zodiacs of course (well, mostly). I can easily point out some other stuff (like the Pleiades), & for the most part, can spot a planet if it's up....
Got my first 'scope last year - a Saxon 1300 x 900 Reflector - a trifling toy compared to some, I know, but it's my first baby! hehehe

I'm yet to get as far as astrophotography - would need a beter camera then the one I've got anyhoo. And I'm also without any motorised tracking...but I'm working towards it!
I'm located just outside of Newcastle, in NSW & am lucky enough to be 'suburban' but with very little local light pollution....mostly. ;o)

Feel free to drop me a line of intro or some hints/tips/etc - I'll be sure to dig through all the forum listings for any topic I've got in mind before posting a fresh one up!
Anyhoo, as stated, just wanted to say hi & introduce myself..which I see I am yet to do...Hi all, I'm Skitzottarius aka: Greg!

Right then, off to scroll through the forums I go! Happy hunting folks!

Skitz