View Single Post
Old 19-10-2008, 08:28 PM
rogerg (Roger)

Question DBUSB adaptor not stopping exposure

G'day all,

I recently received a DBUSB adaptor to use for control of my 350D instead of the old RS232 cable I had. I'm having a problem with the control of the camera through the DBUSB and am hoping someone will be able to help.

I've tried using the Shoestring Astronomy DBUSBCheck utility as well as the DSLR Shutter utility by Stark-Labs.com and both exhibit the same behaviour.

The behaviour is that openning the shutter/starting the exposure works, but closing the shutter/stopping the exposure does not work, so the only way to stop the exposure is to turn the camera off.

I have the camera in bulb mode and manual focus. The DSUSB is corretly reconised by the PC. The PC is running Vista but I have the same problem when controlling the camera via my XP PC.

I have even tried two seperate DBUSB boxes, I just happen to have two at the moment. I have tried them at seperate times, knowing that I can't have the two DBUSB boxes plugged in at once.

The cable from DBUSB to 350D appears to be correct interms of the wiring is not faulty - signal flows correctly from tip to tip and base to base.

Any ideas???

I have registered on the Shoestring Astronomy forum to ask there but haven't had my registration approved yet, hence asking here.

Thanks,
Roger.