View Single Post
Old 21-07-2015, 11:08 AM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

QHY10 Bayer Matrix

I've been struggling with my new QHY10 - I had a couple of QHY8s in the past and they were a breeze compared with this camera.

The beginning of the problem has been getting the RAW FITS debayered. DeepSkyStacker has settings which can be tweaked for this. But they are not accompanied by any real help so it becomes a process of try-and-retry.

First, the Bayer Matrix seems to be different. The onkly setting I have found that produces coloyurs that are approximations of real is not the traditional RGGB but rather BGGR. That was a surprise.

Then colour weights. The settings are cryptic. There are three - one for brightness and one each for red and blue. None for green so the settings for red and blue, so the help file says, are relative to green. And brightness applies to all 3 channels. When set to 1,1,1 the results have a pronounced green fog background. In the end, and after many, many, attempts, I found that Brightness 0.97, Red 1.0 and Blue 1.005 gave me something I could at least begin to work with in Photoshop.

I'd be very interested to hear anyone else's experience with debayering these files from this camera.

Peter